#StayinPhormed: United We Stand
It has been hard to know when the best time to write this week would be. We had hoped that by the end of this week, most lives would be out of danger here in Texas. Thanks to Hurricane Harvey, that is far from the case and it is widespread in Texas. It is not limited to Houston alone.
Traditionally we would be blogging about either Labor Day or the US Open, our heart is telling us this year perhaps the best thing to do is to provide any of you that might feel compelled to help with the Harvey Disaster Relief contact info.
If you or yours have lost anyone or have been displaced, please know that all of us at inPhorm have you in our thoughts and prayers.
- Team Rubicon, Donate Here.
- The American Red Cross text Harvey to 90999
- The United Way text UWFlood to 4144
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund, established by Mayor Turner of Houston and Administered by Greater Houston Community Foundation.
- The Houston Humane Society
- Salvation Army helpsalvationarmy.org or 1-800-SAL-ARMY
- Houston Relief Fund Fund-raising page set u[ by JJ Watt
- The Diaper Foundation
- Interfaith Ministries (priority now is meals on wheels for seniors) 713 533 4900 text Interfaithhelp to 243725 for homebound seniors, and Animeals on Wheels for their pets.
- Houston Children’s Charity working with Houston Astros Player, Carlos Correa on A Better Night’s Sleep
Check any major Texas City’s website for ways to register to volunteer.
Texans are some of the most genuine and kind people you will ever meet. We hope you find it in your heart to help.
Have a happy and safe Labor Day. If you are in Texas, lucky enough to be home with power and television over the weekend, but cannot get out for the holiday as you had hoped, watch the US Open!